Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Nothing Changes On New Year's Day










Lemmy wishes you a Happy New Year!!!





Back when I was a "world renowned" club DJ, I used to play two records at midnight on New Year's Eve... a stripped down version of U2's "New Year's Day" followed by "Eighties" by Killing Joke... (I continued this well into the 90's, much to the puzzlement of the drunks on the dance floor below me...)

I guess those two songs kinda sum up how I feel about Jan. 1...

The lyrics "Nothing changes..." and "Push, push, struggle!!!" back to back...

And yes, later in the evening, when the loyal inebriated patrons would refuse to leave in an orderly manner, I would kindly make an announcement, stating that everyone (excluding those who were planning on sleeping with a member of the club's staff) must depart the premises asap. Then I would hit the ugly lights and play Motorhead's "The Ace of Spades" at full volume...

You should have seen them scurry... like roaches in the school cafeteria... Ah yes, nothing says romance like the dulcet tones of Lemmy's nicotine stained rasp...

A friend of mine mentioned not long ago that he saw me as a "glass half full" type of guy... I rebutted that he was quite mistaken... for I'm more in the neighborhood of a "glass smashed on the floor" type of guy...

Yep. It's going to be that kinda year... Can't wait 'til 2010...

I truly wish I had drunk more today... but hey, there is still plenty of time left, right?

adios.




Add to Technorati Favorites



GO ON... LEAVE YOUR "THOUGHTS" IN THE COMMENTS SECTION...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more of your ramblings in 2009 :)

Duane Storey said...

New Year's always sucks, which is why I stayed at home and watched movies this time around..

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

We did much of..well...nothing this year!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
Ah, it could've been worse - you could have been in a foreign third-world country with a bunch of people whose language you don't understand and they're all getting drunk while you're ... uh ... on the wagon so-to-speak, and a vegetarian in a VERY carnivorous household.
*let me stop right there*