Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pittsburgh 31, Arizona 27


Seeing as I have a tradition of getting Super Bowl picks pretty much on the money (15 out of the last 17), I'll throw my two cents in from my Istanbul hotel room overlooking the mighty Bosphorus...

I see Pittsburgh capitalizing with a defensive touchdown to make it 21-7 at the half, and then jumping to a 28-7 lead with Arizona storming back to make it close at the end.

The key to the Steelers victory will be their ability to shut down Arizona's running game which will force Arizona to pass on most plays... Arizona's Kurt Warner is not mobile enough to avoid Pittsburgh's fierce pass rush...

As per usual, the team with the better defense wins... and that would be the Steelers..

Now if only I can find a place to watch the game at 1:30 a.m. Istanbul time...

Bummer...




Add to Technorati Favorites



GO ON... LEAVE YOUR "THOUGHTS" IN THE COMMENTS SECTION...

4 comments:

boobookitty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Honestly? I don't normally follow football unless the Pats are involved. What can I say? I was raised a New Englander. =) But I shall be partaking in the yearly ritual that is Super Bowl Sunday as a colleague is having a SB Party at his place later today. =)

Harbinger Of Doom said...

Nailed everything but the exact score... damn I'm good...

Never got to watch the game... looks like I missed a classic...

bummed...

Anonymous said...

You are my go-to guy when it comes to football prognostication. Never doubted you for a second! You correctly predicted the entire NFL playoffs, and was darn near perfect with your Super Bowl forecast. UnFREAKing believable!